Since my hands landed on the iPhone back in Oct of 2008, I haven’t coveted another mobile phone but now comes a phone that is just beckoning my credit card. And before I continue, let me put this disclaimer up front, I am only tempted to buy this because it’s pretty. I know NOTHING about the specs and am only lured by its appearance. The LG GD900 Crystal is being heavily promoted across Hong Kong and the sexiness of having a transparent phone that lights up is not lost to this geek. And I find myself thinking about the technology that goes behind the touch screen that is transparent. Do you see any wires? I assume it’s done by fibre optics? Anyway in the interest of good journalism, I’ve dug up some specs to pitch my case.
- Camera - 8 megapixel camera (3264x2448 pixels) with LED flash, autofocus and night mode, this mobile phone also has video and a secondary video-call camera
- Data Features - GPRS Class 12 (4+1/3+2/2+3/1+4 slots, 32 - 48 kbps), EDGE Class 10 (236.8 kbps), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth v2.0 with A2DP, USB and 3G (HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps)
- Display - 3-inch TFT capacitive touchscreen (16-million colours/480 x 800 pixels) featuring S-Class Touch UI, Multi-touch input method, Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate, Transparent touch-sensitive keypad, Gesture Shortcut and Handwriting recognition
- Size and Weight - 105 x 52.5 x 13.4mm
- Networks - 2G Network GSM 850/900/1800/1900 and 3G Network HSDPA 2100
- Memory Features - Phonebook and photo-call memory, plus Call records at 40 dialled, 40 received, 40 missed calls, also comes with a microSD (TransFlash) card slot up to 16GB
- FashionGeek thinks it’s hot