Thursday, November 20, 2014
A couple years ago, I bought a silicon mold from Fred where you can basically make your own ice shot glasses. After trying it once, I decided that it is a fun concept but not that awesome in reality. What you ended up was a glass that you can't hold on for a long period of time (unless you want frozen fingers) and a glass that would just drip everywhere. Since then I've been trying to think of ways to use it and recently decided to try to make candy shot glasses which turned out to be amazingly easy. Click on for instructions.
What you will need:
One pack of hard candy (I used the Fox candies and a 90g pack yielded exactly one glass)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Unwrap the candy and slot them into the mold one by one. Keep it tight and don't worry if it bulges a bit. Fill the mold up to the very top like the photo above.
3. Place the mold in the oven and bake for approximately 12 minutes or until everything has melted.
5. Let cool and then push the shot glasses out from the bottom of the silicone mold, and twist the glass so the middle releases.
6. Fill with your liquor of choice keeping in mind that the liquor will absorb some of the candy flavour.